I’ve had my fair share of bread puddings but this one tops it all. I’m so thankful to my good friend and fellow baker who was willing to share her recipe with me. Dulce de Leche makes the pudding yummy yet not cloyingly sweet that makes it just perfect as a snack or after meal dessert. You can even add in a couple of ingredients to make it more yummy. Enjoy!
1-1/2 cups or 1 big can evaporated milk
1 cup or 1 can homemade or commercially prepared dulce de leche
4 fresh eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups cubed day-old bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Prepare an 8×8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs then add evaporated milk, dulce de leche, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Add in the cubed bread and allow to soak for 5-10 minutes.
5. Transfer the mixture in the baking pan.
6. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. Place in a water bath and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
Notes: I’ve given you the basic recipe but you can add any of the combinations or ingredients below to make it more appetizing!
a. 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
b. 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.)
c. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 cup chopped nuts, and 1/4 cup raisins